How to add pictures to your webpage in WordPress
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to add pictures to your posts and webpages in WordPress. It’s a simple process and you’ll be adding images in no time.
- In the page editor screen, click on the Add Media button.
2. The insert media screen will appear where you can select images from the media library if it’s already been loaded into wordpress. Let’s first look at how to upload the image from your computer. Click on the Upload Files button.
3.The below screen will appear, click on the Select Files button.
4. Navigate in the dialog box that appears to the file that you wish to upload, click on it (4.1) and then click on the Open button. (4.2)
5.The file will then be loaded into wordpress and will be visible in the media library that contains all the images that were previously loaded. Click on the image that you want to add to your webpage (5.2) and make the following changes to the Attachment Display Settings (5.2) on the right.
- Alignment – Select whether the image must be aligned to the left, right or centered on the page.
- Link to – Select media file or page. If you select page then when the visitor click on the image, it will take them to a separate page about the image and if media is selected then only an enlarged version of the image will be displayed.
- The size of the image depends on your preference for the webpage.
Once this is done, click on the Insert into page button (5.3)
6. The image will now be visible in the editor. You can drag it around in the editor to change it’s position on the page or if you need to edit any settings, hover over it until the edit button appear on the top right of the image. From there, you can edit it’s size, alignment etc.
So far so good but what about creating a gallery for multiple images, we look at creating an image gallery in the next tutorial, click here to go to the next step.